Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Woohoo! I have my kiln!

My new kiln has arrived along with a scrumptious array of clay and glazes!  I'm so excited but I have to wait until I can get an electrician to wire a new breaker and plug for it on my back porch.  The other option is to get rid of my kitchen stove and use that one since I don't like to cook much anyway.  But just in case, does anyone have a clue what cone I would fire a roast to?
Skutt Kiln KM818-3 - Digital!


5 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy! I can't wait to travel this road with you through your new experiences in glazing and firing, just observing from afar, of course. I mean I have absolutely no desire to buy a kiln and try some new art form. Nopie, you've never been able to tempt me Liz, nopie you do not tease and entice me what-so-ever, ever, ever, ever. But just out of curiosity, where did you buy this and how much was shipping? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be happy to share the journey, Pat! It should be fun. It's a Skutt kiln and it's made in Portland, Oregon. There is probably a supplier very close to where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, how exciting! And who needs to cook, anyway? Pat - reckon your in trouble now, especially if you're looking around and just wondering where you'd have space for a kiln...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome!! I'm trying to wipe up my drool before it messes up my computer... Can't wait to see how it inspires you.

    yes, I agree with Laurel: stoves are overrated. Cereal, it's not just for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! That's quite the investment. I'm a little slow in my blog reading so before I say "I can't wait to see what you make" I'll read ahead to see if anything shows up.
    So have you narrowed your media down to just this? I already know the answer to that is no. Wonder what creative ways you'll combine them all.
    Congrats on your new 'baby'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.