Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

One a Day in May - Day 19 - Heart card

The heart on this card is made from alder twigs.   They have to be bent into shape and pinned to dry for about a week before they are dry enough to hold their shape when glued to the card.  I use fine wire at the joins.  The closed dried blossom is birch leaf spirea.  

This card is made from pure swamp grass paper.  I like the rough texture.  I processed the plant fibres for a shorter time so they didn't break down as much. Sometimes I want a smoother surface for my cards, especially for printing photos onto, so I'll cook the plant material for a longer time. 

3 comments:

  1. :) Love the simplicity of this one, Liz! Speaks volumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Liz. Any chance on you offering anything similar in your shop? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be getting back at production for my Etsy Shop very soon. I'm just working on stock for my space at the local Artisan Centre in preparation for tourist season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.