Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One a Day in May - Day 18 - Introspection

I missed most of this beautiful sunset this evening.  I was working in my studio and looked up just as it was disappearing.


Maybe it's time to take a step back from production and just create because I love to, not because I'm obliged to.  I already have a full time job.  Should my art be another one?   I want to make my home beautiful with all of the things I love to create but there aren't enough days in this lifetime if I keep filling them with never ending lists of "things I must make for money."  And the reality is, the money never really adds up the way I hope it will.  Not if I'm really honest about all the costs involved.

 Obviously I'm having "one of those days."  But it's something I'm going to spend some time thinking about.

Anyway, here's my Day 18...a set of small notecards to sell!


3 comments:

  1. I love the photo ... I am very partial to sunsets. And the cards are also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sunset and photo Liz! Remember to count your blessings, sweetie. I hate those tough days, I always think "hormones, what *are* you up to now". Darn they just sneak in there. One of the rewards of maturing (clearing throat)is we know "this too shall pass".

    I think you've done fabulous with your art-a-day! We all love your work, so even though you look at it as a chore sometimes, you show us a little of your "sunsets" in your work that we can admire, it's eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right, Pat. Some days are just overwhelming and it's easy to forget all the good stuff. I'm back to normal now (whatever that is).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.