Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Monday, May 23, 2011

One a Day in May - Day 23 - Sunflower photo card

Every inch of my body hurts after a full day of heavy lifting and moving.  I've given myself a deadline of June 4th to have everything in its place.  Not the best time to have challenged myself to produce something every day! 

I think the most important lesson I'm learning from this exercise so far is that even when time and energy are in short supply, just doing one small thing really adds up.  Just to be able to pop a few new cards every week into my space at the Artisan Centre helps keep it fresh.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked the way this sunflower photo turned out.  The hand made plant fibre paper that I printed it on was pretty coarse so the image isn't sharp.  But once I mounted it on the hand made gladiola paper card, I changed my mind.  I think the added texture is rather interesting.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.