Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

One a Day in May - Day 14 - Raku

I had a great day today taking the first part of a two day raku pottery workshop.  It involved 5 hours of driving to get there and back but it was worth it.

 We were each given a bag of clay to make as many pieces as we wanted.  I made two fairly big pieces.  I can't show my vase yet cause I already had it wrapped up in towels and plastic before I remembered to get my camera from the car.  But here is a small sunflower wall hanging (about 12 inches tall) that I did.


I still have lots of clay so if I have time I'll make some more small pieces and bisque fire them at home before the second day of the workshop later this month.

2 comments:

  1. Liz, if it's been a while since you've worked with clay, I'd not know it, that is fantastic!! Can't wait to see the vase and both after they are fired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! It's going to be so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.