Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One a Day in May - Day 24 - Money Tree ACEO

Wow, do I ever lose track of time when I'm playing in my studio!  I just noticed that it's 2 hours past my bedtime.  Tonight I decided to play with the basket full of goodies that I received in my swap with the Melange Team on Etsy.

I started with a 9x12 sheet of watercolour paper and just started ripping and gluing down a pleasing assortment of papers, a few sparkles and some other shiny stuff.  Then I covered the whole thing with satin gel medium.  Once it was dry enough I cut it up into ACEO size (2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches) with some bits left over for tags.

Then I chose one of the pieces to develop further.

Money Tree, ACEO
For this ACEO I made a tar gel transfer from a photocopy of a tree drawing which I adhered with more tar gel to the background.  I added some 'fairy dust' sparkly stuff, little stickers of 'money', and text on a small piece of muslin.  If only!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to get a background for a series of ACEOs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.