Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

One a Day in May - Day 22 - Deer and cat card set

My studio is almost reorganized but it's taking way longer than I planned.  Rethinking how much I can reasonably fit into a limited space is always a challenge.  It's a generous space and I love it but I simply have too much stuff that I'm not willing to let go of.

I squeezed in this set of block printed note cards.  The texture of the handmade paper adds rustic charm but it's almost impossible to get a perfect print.


I used two photos and my imagination to create this block print.  One of the photos was of my daughter's cat sitting on a dresser looking out the window,



 
and the other was a photo of a deer in our yard.  Not a great photo but I only needed the silhouette anyway.

For Christmas cards I added a dab of red sparkly paint where the deer's nose would be.

2 comments:

  1. Liz, I don't think I've seen one of your linocuts yet, these prints look perfect...and the nature of would lend to a good card if it printed imperfect. Love these, hope you'll add some to your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cards. And I really like that you showed your photo references ... it's really great the way you put the two together, along with your imagination. Like Pat, I hope you'll add some to your shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.