Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

One a Day in May - Day 26 - Calendula card set

I made the paper for these cards last summer but first I dyed the corn husks and the recycled paper with dye that I made from Goldenrod blossoms.  I love experimenting with wild flower dyes.  Most of them dye some shade of yellow, but a wide range from orangey yellows to greenish yellows.  And you can get even more variety by using different modifiers.  I'll do a tutorial about dyeing with plants later this summer.

My lighting washed the yellow out a bit in this photo but the Goldenrod gives the paper a light mustard yellow colour.  The flowers on these cards are Calendula (Pot Marigold).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.