Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fun Day with Encaustic

This is definitely not a tutorial!  I just want to share my fun day in the studio playing with this really cool medium.


I took a class on craftedu.com from Glenda Bailey a few months ago and that got me started.  She does beautiful collages using encaustic medium.  I was inspired to create these five ACEOs for a Melange Team swap. 


So today I warmed up with a few more ACEOs and then I brought  out the colour!  While I was on holidays I used some of my hard earned art and craft sale money to buy some new encaustic paints.


They aren't cheap but a little goes a long way I discovered.  I also discovered that I need a better system!


"Storm" was today's creation.  6x8" on cradled board.  Can't wait to get started on the next one!

6 comments:

  1. This is stunning Liz-Anna! Now I have to go look up more on this medium...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're stunning Liz!
    -Amanda
    (mandolin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your blog, and your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, "Storm" just blew me away! (Ummm, no pun intended.) The depth of color and dynamic swirls are just amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors,it looks like clouds at twlight! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pieces
    I put my encaustics in cleaned out tuna cans on the electric skillet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.