Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another Day...the same painting...sort of

Today I touched up the piece I started on Friday.  I think I went a little far.  I do prefer the end result though.

Before






After (Playmates)
I haven't figured out how to do encaustics and keep my space tidy.  Who am I kidding?  I haven't figured out how to do anything and keep my space tidy.  It's just not in my nature.  But this is pretty bad, even for me.  I have wax everywhere.


4 comments:

  1. Love your studio condition! I mean, I think there might be a little concern if one was too tidy when creating...right? :)

    Where have all the flowers gone?
    Gone to young girls everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so clever, Pat! I think I have a new title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, my, my, woman.....the after is stunning. I love it. I haven't seen anybody do anything quite like that. It's like a dream, then you have the pressings. Okay....I think you are definitely on to something here. I will copy it...okay...maybe not....but I will be tempted. I can't do anything while it is way way over 100 degrees in Texas. Maybe that' good, it makes me very very excited for winter. What is your substrate? Did I miss that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Glenda! I'm using cradled board as the substrate. This is such an exciting process and you were my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.