Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Home and Art

Three days into the new year and the only actual art I have created is the start of a page for the Strathmore On-line Journaling Workshop.  My recycled art starter for this piece is a copy of a self portrait I did for a drawing class several years ago.  I used the back of the mirror which had a magnifying mirror in addition to the other two small mirrors.  Bits of ephemera from around the house completed this stage of the exercise. 
I'm looking forward to seeing what we do next with our piece. 

Even though this is the only art I have started this year, I have been working hard each day toward making creativity a priority in my home. This house was designed and built by my husband to be a piece of art in its own right and to showcase my art. There is still more work to be done but it's time to restore order after several years of construction, get rid of unwanted junk, and get busy creating.  

I am setting up a second studio in my loft to be my art studio and to connect me to the rest of the house.  My downstairs studio will continue to be home to all the very messy processes - soapmaking, candlemaking, stained glass and mosaics, dyeing fabric, and papermaking.
Journaling area in loft studio.  The windows look out on the lake.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz-Anna! The first stage of your Strathmore collage looks very exciting - I'm lookin forward to see how you develope it. (My piece is still only a pile of papers on my desk, I haven't even started glueing it yet.) - Your new studio area looks fantastic, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful creative year 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made ONE single thing this year!!! I haven't even had time to read any blogs until today. Can't wait to see what you come up with ~ Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.