Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Moose Poo Paper-Chapter 2


I got up early this morning so I could start processing the moose poo before I leave for work. It must have been old moose poo I used last time cause this stuff does not smell pleasant while it's simmering away in a soda ash solution. The lid is on tight and the window is open but it's not helping much. It's hard to describe the smell but it's not what you might think...just strongly organic.


I think I'll close my studio door tight and go do something else for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Okay~this looks like to much fun~I just started making paper last summer, got a really lovely book on making plant paper, what confused me is trying to figure out how much ash to use in cooking the solution. The recipe for gourd guts does not use it but the other plant stuff does...Glad you kept the willow heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Margarete! I use 20% soda ash to the dry weight of the plant fibre. One of my goals is to do a tutorial here on my blog but I'm just trying to figure out how to do separate pages. So much to learn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.