Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Hello 2021! Keep Smiling.

I join the rest of you in hoping that we soon see an end to COVID-19 and the havoc that it created in our world. When I made my plans and charted my goals for 2020, my chosen word for the year was 'Calm.' If I had only known what was ahead! My word for this year is 'Smile.' A reminder to myself to look back at each day and remember at least one moment that made me smile.

While 2020 had plenty of rabbit holes to go down, particularly on social media, I also had plenty of opportunities to celebrate life. This summer, I bought a little 10 ft pool to put in my postage stamp sized back yard so I could enjoy the peaceful feeling of drifting on water in my floaty chair whenever I felt like it. Some of my best ideas germinate in water.

We were lucky in our part of the world that we had low numbers of COVID during the summer months and could enjoy time with family outdoors. It made these recent months a bit easier to face.

I started my new year by getting my jewelry studio reorganized and refreshed. I feel like I'm starting a whole new journey in jewelry art since taking Susan Lenart Kazmer's online course, Intentional Metalsmithing. Her course has made me braver and I'm excited to see where that leads.


It's only 8x12 feet but it does the job. I do wonder what possessed me to paint the floor that colour when I work mainly in copper!  

This is a piece I made this winter while working on Intentional Metalsmithing.

I think pretty much every year I promise to do better at blogging and then the year passes and the only post I did was the one where I said I would do better at blogging this year. So we'll see. No promises.

Stay safe! Stay home. Wear a mask.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.